It’s festival time again. Celebration, pujas, prasaad……..and that means buying and eating a lot of mithais. I am always skeptical about buying readymade mithai from the market, what with all the talk of adulterated mava being used to make them. So either I make something simple at home or use fresh fruits and dry fruits for prasaad.
Here’s a simple and easy recipe for coconut laddoos which you can make in a jiffy!
- 100 gms desiccated coconut
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup sugar
- powdered cardamom
- chopped dry fruits
- Boil the milk in a thick bottomed pan.
- Add the powdered cardamom, sugar and desiccated coconut (leave a little aside for coating the laddoos).
- Cook on low heat stirring continuously till the mixture dries up.
- Add the chopped dryfruits and let it cool.
- Make laddoos and coat with the desiccated coconut.