It is that time of the year again. Everybody is down with some kind of bug or the other. Cold, cough, sore throat, diarrhea, stomach infections are rampant.
They say prevention is better than cure. You can keep infections at bay by following these simple rules:
1. Wash your hands with warm water and soap frequently, especially every time you come home from outdoors.
2. Where water is not available, use hand sanitiser.
3. Do not wear outdoor foot ware inside the house.
4. Keep your surroundings as clean as possible.
5. Use a generous amount of disinfectant while mopping your floors.
6. If you have pets, this is a time to be extra careful with their hygiene.
7. Make sure that you have netting on your windows to keep flies and mosquitoes away.
8. Avoid eating out.
9. Have freshly prepared simple food low in spices and oil.
10. Maintain hygiene in your kitchen.
11. Keep all food covered.
12. Keep yourself warm.
13. Drink a lot of hot beverages.
14. Avoid getting wet in the rain.
15. Take Vitamin C supplements to increase your immunity.
16. Add ginger and lemon grass to your tea to keep away the cold.
17. Keep away from someone who has an infection
Cuddle up with a hot cup of tea and a good book and enjoy the rains.
Stay safe, stay healthy!
If you have more tips, let us know in the comments section below.