I love travelling and I know most of you do, too. Visiting countries, seeing new places, meeting different people, trying out exotic cuisines – oh it’s so much fun!
While waiting at the airport or the railway station, have you ever observed people around you. They are either shabbily dressed in the name of comfort or overdressed and uncomfortable in the name of style. So, how does one create a balance and travel in style and comfort?
Here are some suggestions:
- Carry a stole with you. Not only does it look stylish but it can also be used for covering your head or ears if it gets too windy.
- Wear dark coloured clothing as it doesn’t get soiled easily.
- Dark neutral colours are best as they can be mixed and matched with colour accessories to give you more options.
- Wear clothes according to the weather. Light cottons are best for hot and humid climes while you need to wear something warm and protective for cold places.
- If you are visiting very cold countries you must carry your thermals, coats, caps, gloves, woollen socks, etc.
- Avoid wearing tight fitting clothes on a journey as they may cause discomfort.
- Avoid wearing short clothes, the best option being a ¾ or full length trouser or good fitting pair of jeans. They are comfortable and appropriate while travelling.
- When travelling with children always carry extra change of clothes for the journey as kids tend to soil their clothes.
- Wear comfortable foot ware which can be worn for long periods. It should be something you are comfortable walking in as holidaying usually involves a lot of walking around.
- Never wear new shoes on a holiday as they may cause a shoe bite.
- Avoid wearing heels.
- A good handbag is a must to carry all your travel documents and other stuff you may need to keep handy while travelling.
- Brighten up your outfit with a colourful handbag.
- Don’t overstuff your handbag with unwanted stuff as this can lead to shoulder and back problems, if the bag is carried for longer periods.
- Wear some makeup, but keep it minimal. You want to look good, but not dressed for a party.
Keep these points in mind while travelling, to always be comfortable and stylish.
All always, your thoughts and comments welcome below!