Why did Sushant Singh Rajput commit suicide?
He was young, just 34 years old.
He was intelligent, he stood 7th in AIEEE, an all India engineering entrance exam.
He was popular, he had a huge fan following.
He was a brilliant actor who had proved his acting prowess in films like Kai po Che, M.S. Dhoni, Kedarnath and Chhichore.
Before coming to movies, Sushant had already won many hearts with his boyish charm as Manav Deshmukh in the serial Pavitra Rishta.
So why did Sushant Singh Rajput commit suicide?
They say his total assets amount to 59 crores.
He had set up 3 companies in the last 2 years.
He stayed in a palatial duplex flat in an upmarket area of Mumbai.
He owned several luxury vehicleslike a K BMW 1300 R, a Maserati Quattroporte and a Land Rover Range SUV.
For God’s sake he even owned a piece of land on the moon!
Then why did Sushant Singh Rajput commit suicide?
They say he was suffering from clinical depression and was on medication.
It is also being said that he was treated like an outsider in the industry and all the bigwigs ganged up on him.
Whatever the reason it only goes to show that all the name, fame, material possessions and money could not give him any happiness and peace of mind. Because a person who is happy and content with his life will not end his life.
So this makes me wonder what really makes us happy?
Is it that some people have the ability to be happy with the small things in life, while for others more is less?
The happiness derived from material things like luxury cars, fancy houses and expensive jewellery is short lived and dissipates fast.
We all want to be happy. Sadly, many of us fail in our quest of happiness because we are looking for it in the wrong places.
So what gives us long term happiness?
Here are a few things that I practice…..
- Forgive yourselves and others
- Spend more time with family and friends
- Smile more
- Don’t take life so seriously. Laugh at silly things
- Be grateful. Maintain a gratitude journal
- Spend some time alone with yourself
- Take time out to do things that you enjoy
- De-clutter your space….your homes as well as your minds
- Sleep well
- Don’t compare yourself to others
- Learn to enjoy the small things in life
- Spend time in nature admiring the sunset or just gazing at a beautiful flower
- And more importantly, help others become happy. Spread smiles and happiness wherever you go.
- I call it throwing the happiness boomerang….it will all come back to you!